Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Got PDF?

Yes I do, yes I do!!! See the sidebar, under Patterns? if you click you will get to a site where you can download the charts for my socks as pdf's. Thanks again to Winnie who spoon-fed me how to get this set up. Now it seems all so easy. I often have a hard time just finding the right resources. Thank heavens for tech savvy knitbloggers! Let me know if you have any problems with the patterns by comment or email (see right)
A lot of de-stashing has happened. I sold a bag of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed dk on ebay, which was supposed to become the Tyrolean Cardi from Vintage Style. Let me tell you, YT is the yuckiest yarn I've ever knit with. It is dry, stringy and knits up into the ugliest fabric. The color, 'cheer' would have been pretty had it not been for the tweedy bits of intense purple. I love mauves and dusty lilacs and plums, but this purple was neon-tie-dye-eyeball hurting bad. And they dropped the Rowanspun line for this?? There you go, I've never ragged on anything this bad. But, I had a skein of YT in dark brown sitting around and a skein of Crystal Palace Merino Frappe in a pretty plum, which I bought to make the SNB Spiderweb capelet. Suffice to say that I did not enjoy knitting the capelet and knew I'd never wear it. But the two yarns combined were perfect for making a pair of Eowyn handwarmers from Rowan 38:
Eowyn2
Eowyn3
Knit on US 7 needles in the round instead of flat as the pattern says. I knit six repeats of the lace for a perfect width. My hands are covered, yet have enough room to move comfortably. Project two is a scarf which needs to go into a dyebath before considered finished, and I have started a sweater (yes, I have overcome my Aimee post partum) with this:
Chilly Cork
Rowan Cork in Chilly. Lately I'm in love with purl. Not actually purling, no, just knitting and then turning it over to drool over those wonderful little purls. I'm making a sweater of my own design, though ideas are borrowed from this:
Beth
Beth from Rowan's Ribbon Twist collection. Because I live in a drafty old house, I often wear my comfy fleece camping jacket around the house. But I want something a little cuter, a slouchy yet shaped sweater with a tunic-style neck opening, arms and body knit in the round, for minimal irritation in regards to seaming and comfort. The cork is squishy and lovely to knit up. I hope this turns out the way I picture it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pattern. Having a bit of hard time downloading it though. I'll try again soon.

Good luck with the pattern design. I'm on that path myself and I think I finally found the right yarn so now I have no excuse.

Anonymous said...

I got the pattern! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are knitting yourself an "around the house" sweater. I keep wanting to knit one of those, but I can't quite get myself to spend all that time and energy on something I'll just wear around the house.

And everything else is fabulous as well!

winnie said...

love the gloves. and the patterns, of course. can't wait to see your self-designed sweater

Anonymous said...

Yay for sorting out pdfs! I love those handwarmers, the colour looks beautiful in the photo and I like the combination of the lace and cables.

katie said...

i'm loving purls right now too! i saw a lovely brown sweater in a store which looked like rev st st, i'm going to have to try one out.x

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph!

You totally read my mine. I was flipping through the Rowan before I saw your comment and thought to myself, "Hey, that might work!" I think I might have stash yarn to pull it off too. The yarn I used for the soon-to-be-frogged Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers is Noro Kureyon. I love the colors too, but I just have to find something else to do with it now. =)

MissLucy said...

The handwarmers are gorgeous, and I look forward to seeing your selfdesigned sweater. But I almost wish I hadn't read what you say about the Yorkshire Tweed, because I was just about to order some for a sweater for BF :-(

Anonymous said...

Hello! New to your blog and WOW- your work is gorgeous! Can't wait to see how your design turns out. Really love the Ribbon Twist sweater it's based off of.

Anonymous said...

ooooo, i love cork. too bad it's discontinued...